– Students will define what it means to be a species.
– Students will understand the difference between inter and intragroup variation.
– Students will understand and interpret phylogenies.
– Students will demonstrate an understanding of the debate between splitting and lumping and be able to articulate their views on the subject matter.
- NGSS (2013)- LS3
- NGSS (2013)- LS4
- AP Biology (2012-2013)- 1, 6, 15
- IB Biology (2016)-5
Crania to highlight: Paranthropus aethiopicus, Paranthropus boisei, Australopithecus africanus, Australopithecus sediba
Teaching Materials Associated With Module 2
Splitting vs. Lumping Lab Worksheet